Pendor Renewed
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pendor Renewed

Continue your adventure in the exciting world of Pendor

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

OOC Discussion

Go down 
+5
Aodh
Thohand
Koper Gallicus
Ealdred
Aelos
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Ealdred
Knight of the Lion
Ealdred

OOC Discussion - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOC Discussion   OOC Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 08, 2014 7:18 am

Yeh, I was a bit confused at first, Methodius, as I was not used to AKD's renown and equipment system. I updated the bio and spent the surplus renown on upgrades now.
Back to top Go down
Tarik
Knight of the Eventide
Tarik

PostSubject: Re: OOC Discussion   OOC Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 08, 2014 7:31 am

Ah i don't think it was specifically in the character creation rule set corner, i just remember Mordred often saying that shields were free as starting equipment. Just wanted to iron things out.

I also only brought up the last sentence because most knighthood orders default equipment/horses included things like free Ironbred Horses and heavy warhorses. Which kind of defeated the purpose of free coursers.
Back to top Go down
Aelos
Pegasus Knight
Aelos

PostSubject: Re: OOC Discussion   OOC Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 08, 2014 7:37 am

Methodius wrote:
I also only brought up the last sentence because most knighthood orders default equipment/horses included things like free Ironbred Horses and heavy warhorses. Which kind of defeated the purpose of free coursers.

If they did, all be damned. I bought my dragon destriers with hard earned free renown.

But yes, I never thought as horses as being part of equipment (they're living things you know! :p), but then I do see your point.
Back to top Go down
https://poprenewed.forumotion.com
Tarik
Knight of the Eventide
Tarik

PostSubject: Re: OOC Discussion   OOC Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 08, 2014 8:59 am

huh, maybe i'm wrong then, being a gauntlet i never really had to deal with horses. But seeing all those ironbred horses about i assumed that most knights got their troops default horses.
Back to top Go down
Aodh

PostSubject: Re: OOC Discussion   OOC Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 2:10 am

Hey, so I was think of a character that would be more of a neutral character, who would be the marshal of the governor, who wouldn't really like either order, would it be possible for me to do that? Or maybe just a body guard for the governor?

And also if I have major wounds can I have extra traits to make up for it?
Back to top Go down
Aelos
Pegasus Knight
Aelos

PostSubject: Re: OOC Discussion   OOC Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 3:22 am

If you have major wounds, than you can have more traits, yes. That's the same as on A Kingdom Divided and Aftermath.. however, before you post it I'd like to have a look at them. (just send me a private message with what you have in mind)

As to creating a neutral character: I have to say no. This rp is about Order knights and their actions, and I'm not introducing another playable faction with the risk that it'll upset the balance.

But the idea you have is possible for both Orders; Lions are besides a police force, also Ulric's bodyguards (which will get a chapter later on) and the Eventide can be bodyguards of the Shadow Council. I don't mind creating an alternative prologue for your character where he's the bodyguard of a council member (whose identity will remain a secret for every other player)
Back to top Go down
Tarik
Knight of the Eventide
Tarik

PostSubject: Re: OOC Discussion   OOC Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 7:37 am

Sounds good, btw anything special for lances when used on a charging horse? typically in most table tops they do double dammage on a successful charge.
Back to top Go down
Aelos
Pegasus Knight
Aelos

PostSubject: Re: OOC Discussion   OOC Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 7:56 am

Methodius wrote:
Sounds good, btw anything special for lances when used on a charging horse? typically in most table tops they do double damage on a successful charge.

Double damage or no, if the horse runs into the pointy end of a lance...it's dead.
Back to top Go down
Tarik
Knight of the Eventide
Tarik

PostSubject: Re: OOC Discussion   OOC Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 11:47 am

ah i meant charging someone while on top of a horse with a lance, unless that's what you meant?
Back to top Go down
Arcanum
Knight of the Eventide
Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: OOC Discussion   OOC Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 12:49 pm

Just for future reference I intend to make a lion Paladin Knight.
Back to top Go down
Ealdred
Knight of the Lion
Ealdred

PostSubject: Re: OOC Discussion   OOC Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 8:12 pm

Nice  Very Happy 

Regarding charging, I guess if you successfully charge someone and the lance is not blunt tip, there's little chance they are not heavily wounded if not dead.
Back to top Go down
Aelos
Pegasus Knight
Aelos

PostSubject: Re: OOC Discussion   OOC Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 8:43 pm

Tss, everyone goes "Oh better become a Eventider fast, before it's too full"

*enlists into the Order of the Lion*

..hehe, and yes
Ealdred wrote:
Regarding charging, I guess if you successfully charge someone and the lance is not blunt tip, there's little chance they are not heavily wounded if not dead.
Back to top Go down
William Alatin

PostSubject: Re: OOC Discussion   OOC Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 10, 2014 3:11 pm

Well I am going eventide whenever I get around to it.  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Aelos
Pegasus Knight
Aelos

PostSubject: Re: OOC Discussion   OOC Discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 11, 2014 7:14 am

Laertes:

Right, Laertes my shakespearian friend, welcome to the Order of the Lion.

keep in mind that your character is carrying around a crossbow, a shield, a two handed sword and a one handed sword... all at once. This might cause hindersome :p
Back to top Go down
Laertes
Knight of the Lion

PostSubject: Re: OOC Discussion   OOC Discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 11, 2014 5:18 pm

Wait I was just really listing the ones I owned, I didn't know I had to carry them all at once. Could I possibly leave a weapon or two at the castle before I embark on missions?
Back to top Go down
Arcanum
Knight of the Eventide
Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: OOC Discussion   OOC Discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 11, 2014 5:44 pm

Yes. just make sure to mention in an IC post what your character is carrying.

This doesn't mean you CAN'T carry them all, but you certainly won't go anywhere fast and would suffer a penalty to Speed for rolls I'd wager.
Back to top Go down
Aelos
Pegasus Knight
Aelos

PostSubject: Re: OOC Discussion   OOC Discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 11, 2014 8:54 pm

Arcanum wrote:
Yes. just make sure to mention in an IC post what your character is carrying.

This doesn't mean you CAN'T carry them all, but you certainly won't go anywhere fast and would suffer a penalty to Speed for rolls I'd wager.

This. As long as it's mentioned IC (stating you left something in Sarleon, before heading out on campaign will do the trick as well, but then it's...well, useless until we bring the fight to Ulric's throne room)
Back to top Go down
Tarik
Knight of the Eventide
Tarik

PostSubject: Re: OOC Discussion   OOC Discussion - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 12, 2014 2:23 pm

Ya, i'd advise simply leaving them on your horse. Within reach if the mission requires it and it's probably how knights used to do it... or was that the squires job.... anyway, it's practical until someone KOs your horse.
Back to top Go down
Ealdred
Knight of the Lion
Ealdred

PostSubject: Re: OOC Discussion   OOC Discussion - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 13, 2014 10:44 am

Speaking of squires, do our character have those?
Back to top Go down
Aelos
Pegasus Knight
Aelos

PostSubject: Re: OOC Discussion   OOC Discussion - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 13, 2014 7:25 pm

Ealdred wrote:
Speaking of squires, do our character have those?

As long as they don't go on missions (thus you're not using two characters to complete your objectives), you're free to roleplay having a squire.

So that's casual RP mainly, and ofcourse when it's time for tourney missions they'll be around to help you on and off the saddle.
Back to top Go down
Thohand
Knight of the Lion
Thohand

PostSubject: Re: OOC Discussion   OOC Discussion - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 14, 2014 5:14 am

Is there a reason why lances do not have a separate entry in the weapons section? Do they cost 5 oder 10 reknown?

The noble background should maybe receive some editing, as I presume it will be the dominant background when it comes to the two chosen orders. Personally, I don't see neither the Sarleon or the D'shar nobles using crossbows very much (Eventide members from Barclay are of course a different story) and there should probably be a greater variety of bonuses to choose from, at the very least the bow which Ealdred already made use of, probably even more than that.

Also, I am confused again on the issue of horses, as I saw that Laertes "bought" a heavy warhorse for free whereas I would have acted under the impression that it would cost any knight 20 reknown. Maybe somebody could help and clarify the issue once again. Or I am just missing something?

My last question is about the trait horseman. So it does not do anything else than to allow me to ride "special" horses, or is there some other kind of perk to it?
Back to top Go down
Aelos
Pegasus Knight
Aelos

PostSubject: Re: OOC Discussion   OOC Discussion - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 14, 2014 5:33 am

Azlanek wrote:
Is there a reason why lances do not have a separate entry in the weapons section? Do they cost 5 oder 10 reknown?

The noble background should maybe receive some editing, as I presume it will be the dominant background when it comes to the two chosen orders. Personally, I don't see neither the Sarleon nor the D'shar nobles using crossbows very much (Eventide members from Barclay are of course a different story) and there should probably be a greater variety of bonuses to choose from, at the very least the bow which Ealdred already made use of, probably even more than that.

Also, I am confused again on the issue of horses, as I saw that Laertes "bought" a heavy warhorse for free whereas I would have acted under the impression that . Maybe somebody could help and clarify the issue once again. Or I am just missing something?

My last question is about the trait horseman. So it does not do anything else than to allow me to ride "special" horses, or is there some other kind of perk to it?

The traits and backgrounds are from A Kingdom Divided and I've not wanted to change much about them fearing it would raise more questions and raise more confusion than the alterations would be worth. As such, the noble background will remain what it is until I've had the time to consider and review and observe future use of the background by the players.
I myself are not a big fan of adding more bonuses to the game, as it should essentially stay about the roleplay and not the mechanic behind it. A shortbow would receive a penalty on long range compared to a long bow, but I see no need to translate that into said mechanics. You can hate me for it, but for the last years of Pendor Roleplay these things have never, or rarely ever, been an issue.

The noble background solves the horse issue, as it states "Get a free horse."
Now, the coursers is free to everyone and since the horse stated in the quote for the noble background isn't specifically a courser, warhorse, hunter, or any of the others..all can be chosen. I have just removed both the Noldor horse and the Netherworld charger from the list, as both seem unfitting.

The Horseman trait allows you to ride "special" horses because your character is a better rider than others, which if the situation requires it, will translate into GM decisions.

As you all know this site only had a soft opening and might not be perfect yet, and in all realism perfection is something that isn't very likely to be achieved. I do appreciate your questions, however unbent and stubborn I may seem in my answers.

EDIT: never mind my earlier edit.. I'll add lances asap
Back to top Go down
Ealdred
Knight of the Lion
Ealdred

PostSubject: Re: OOC Discussion   OOC Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 15, 2014 11:17 pm

So much for "Everyone's going to join the Eventide" Wink

Good to see you back in (whatever) action, Azlanek Smile
Back to top Go down
Thohand
Knight of the Lion
Thohand

PostSubject: Re: OOC Discussion   OOC Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 16, 2014 12:29 am

Yeah...well, since this is a somewhat different timeline, I did not want to do the Eventide all over again *shrug*.

And thanks, Ealdred, but call me Thohand from here on Wink.
Back to top Go down
Aelos
Pegasus Knight
Aelos

PostSubject: Re: OOC Discussion   OOC Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 16, 2014 2:22 am

Might as well change to concept to a Order of the Lion RP.

Have an event in Singal, then north of Rane when King Ulric accidently runs into Wolfbode the Slayer. Meet the sophisticated Imperator during a peace and alliane feast in Janos.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OOC Discussion   OOC Discussion - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

OOC Discussion
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pendor Renewed :: Pendor :: Trade District-
Jump to: